My Body Is My Body
Introduction to Child Maltreatment
By: Chrissy Sykes
Welcome to the My Body is My Body Introduction to Child Maltreatment Course where we will be exploring how to Safeguard Children.
Thank you for joining our Initiative:
GGA’S CHANGING THE WORLD !!
Every year over 1 billion children are subject to violence and abuse.
As GGA’s we can make a major impact and change lives!
This course we will be covering:
1. Why we need to teach about Maltreatment
2. Worldwide Facts about Maltreatment
3. How Child Maltreatment affects a community’s quality of life and economic prosperity
4. Different Types and Signs of Maltreatment
5. How to react if a child discloses their abuse to you
6. Basics on how to report child abuse
7. How to teach the My Body Is My Body Prevention Program
The course will be split into 2 parts:
Part 1 : Introduction to Child Maltreatment
Part 2 : How to teach the My Body Is My Body Prevention Program
After watching the first 8 videos (Total time 23 minutes 11 seconds) you will be asked to complete a few questions before continuing to Part 2 where you will learn how to present The My Body is My Body Program.
Please click on the links below for course materials for Part 1 and Part 2